Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Vans Custom Culture shoe.




During the vans custom culture contest there were two different steps for me. The first one was making the blueprint for the shoe, since I knew that I would have trouble showing the texture of the griptape using penicls and pens and things I thought it would be a better idea to take the shoe template into photoshop to create a custom texture and and fill in everything with paths and brushes with photoshop as well; an in progress picture of the first step is pictured above. The second step was the actual putting together of the shoe which took much longer. I had to take paper traces of every section of the shoe and after that trace those into the grip tape and cut them out with a box cutter. After that I peel off the back and stuck the griptape onto the shoe. I also painted whatever elase needed to be added onto the shoe to make it look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment